The craftings of a shadowy figure...

Sunday, June 13, 2010

What Next?

 I've been thinking about what I want to work on next...alright, I'll quit lying.  I'm trying to figure out what additional project I'll be working on next.  Because to be perfectly honest, I never work on just one project at a time.

One thing I really want to try is doing some clothing reconstruction.  Partly out of necessity (I'm 5'1" - not even petite clothes are made for me!) but also because I'm impressed with some of the cool stuff people do with the plain old pieces they're bored with.  To be honest with you it doesn't take me long to get bored with the stuff I wear everyday to work not to mention all those t-shirts that I rock all weekend.

But to be terribly honest the idea of altering my clothes scares me.  It's something about the permanence...
Of course some of the pics on sites like this: 
http://craftfail.com/?p=602   - don't help! 

The closest thing that I've really done to something that I wear regularly is this shirt that I got from a consignment shop.


I thought the shirt was cute but as you can see it had fantastically ugly sleeves...
Those suckers HAD to go.


So I brought out the seam ripper and removed the ruffle.  It was a little tricky because it was well done and I had to make sure not to rip all of the stitching out.


Since it was just a surged edge I rolled the sleeves.


Muuuuuuch better...now I won't look like I'm playing pretty pretty princess...

I really need to find some easy projects that can break me in slowly to re-fashioning.  Of course all those other projects are the perfect distraction - at least until I find a project I can't refuse...

No comments:

Post a Comment