The craftings of a shadowy figure...

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So Speaking of Craft Fails...

 A craft gone wrong can ruin your reputation in the blink of an eye. If this happens you might as well start crocheting cake cozies with cat hair - 'cause your projects will be banished to the depths of the rows of folding tables at women's club craft fairs.

(Yeah, yeah - I can hear the hate mail now...but if I see one more clown hugging a pot of cacti or faceless pantyhose child facing a wall a'la The Blair Witch Project...so help me the Happy Painter gets it!)  

So, uh, cough cough - I mentioned the Craft Fail website in my last post...so it's only fair to show you one of my fails.

Meet the Munny cake - duhn, duhn ,duhhhhh!


It began well enough - I even did a little research.  How to make your own pan.  Scratch that - I had gotten to that point because I had tried my shaky little hand at carving pound cake into the shape I wanted with unnerving results.  So I went about looking for tips to use any object to form your own pan.
  
But as soon as I introduced cake batter into my foil shell it burst like a cheap swim toy.


Soooo I had the bright idea to use cast material over the foil to better define the shape and give the batter some support.


 All I can tell you is that no amount of icing made this acceptable.  None!



My stupid pride be damned I should have bought a lovely card from the Dollar Tree.

But I couldn't bring myself to abandon all my hard work!  I choose to give this monstrosity and in turn I created a craft-nemesis...

Take heed my craft cupcakes:
Your crafting can be your undoing!

No comments:

Post a Comment