The craftings of a shadowy figure...

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dr. Sketchy's (Part 1)

I surveyed the street, it was dark and a few cars swept past the city corner.  The street light cast shadows off the row of parking meters.  I made my way to the front of the club, an abandoned looking storefront with a Price is Right 's' marking the entrance.  I was making this trip alone.

'Six dollars for anyone drawing, eight dollars for voyeurs', the girl behind the counter smirked. 

I paid the cover and slid into the first available table.  I tossed my ragged bookbag into the captain's stool and pulled out my sketch pad.  A pale pretty girl dressed in black and pearls posed in a staged bedroom, posh and sparse like a New York hotel room.  I  began to draw.  The model moved.  Damn, I wasn't ready so I ignored the next pose and finished the first drawing.



To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment