The craftings of a shadowy figure...

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Share Your Love 2011


So Friday I had a crafting party for a good cause.  I got a bunch of my shady cohorts together, sugared them up...and turned them lose with scissors.



But it was for a good cause.  No, really.  Ok, there was some selfish enjoyment of having craft time.

We made Valentine's cards for Etsy's Special Delivery 2011.  They are having a Valentine's party for 18,000 senior citizens that receive Meals-On-Wheels in New York City.

How could I not get involved?  But I knew I needed to have back-up.  So I put the call out and got help from friends and family.











I have to say that besides getting a craft time again - it's always really cool to see all the creative stuff that people think up.

Fancy
Fun 
Classic
Clever
Whimsical
All of them - handmade & heartfelt.


I hated to see them go - but I did the difficult thing and mailed our beautiful babies through rain & snow to people that will hopefully give them good homes.

If you'd like to see all the cool things people sent in this year check out this link:
Etsy Share Your Love - Flickr Photostream


No comments:

Post a Comment