The craftings of a shadowy figure...

Monday, August 2, 2010

There's always strings...

She phoned me distraught - "I don't have the dough:  I'm doing everything myself and these little 'details' are something I can't handle."  

This shindig was to take place 7-6-07. 

I was already booked.   

There was a lot to do and I had a boat to catch.

The money was dragging her feet on all the details.

So I gave it to her straight, "Listen, sister - I can waive my fee but it's still gonna cost you.  Handling these situations requires - well some know how and Know-How ain't free.  I'm gonna have to grease some palms and that's where you come in see.  I'm gonna need some moola to make this happen."

I could tell she was biting her lip as she agreed.

Really she was bringing me in for those creative details.

Working on no budget, little input and no time I would definitely have to get creative.

Like any of these jobs there were plenty of strings attached and this was no exception.  This thing was going to happen at an up and up community club.  I'd have to get in and out of there with out any tell-tale signs. 
And those types notice everything.

My normal tricks weren't enough...

I scanned the shops and racked my brain.


I lucked out at a local shop that was willing to sell me some display pieces that might go a long way.



In fact I was able to score some extras that I knew would fit the bill of on easy clean-up.  Of course they needed a little touch-up.

Now like I said , I had a boat to catch.  I had booked another job for the three weeks right before this deadline.

I set up what I could but it would come down to a few hours before showtime when everything came together.



...just the kind of case I like...

No comments:

Post a Comment